Organic Green Pepper ingredients:
Organic Green Pepper
Average Nutritional Amount Per 100 grams – Calories 20, % Daily Value* Total Fat 0.2 g 0%, Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%, Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g, Monounsaturated fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg 0%, Sodium 3 mg 0%, Potassium 175 mg 5%, Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g 1% (Dietary fibre 1.7 g 6%, Sugar 2.4 g), Protein 0.9 g 1%, Vitamin A 7%, Vitamin C 134%, Calcium 1%, Iron 1%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin B-6 10%. Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 2%. – Sources include Wikipedia and USDA.
About Organic Green Pepper
Organic Green Bell Pepper from Real Foods. Botanically speaking, bell peppers are fruits, but they are generally considered (in a culinary context) to be vegetables. Green bell peppers are not ‘hot’. They contain a recessive gene that eliminates capsaicin, the compound responsible for the ‘hotness’ found in other peppers.
Bell peppers are very adaptable plants, grown in both tropical and temperate climates, and are versatile foods, their cultivation and adoption into varying cuisines has spread rapidly throughout many parts of the world. They have become a staple in central Europe where they are dried for paprika, an essential for the flavour of Louisiana Creole dishes, and an integral ingredient in both Mexican and Portuguese cuisines. Currently, the main producers of green peppers are China, Turkey, Spain, Romania, Nigeria and Mexico. The majority of the peppers we sell in Real Foods are sourced from within the E.U., usually Spain, if you’d like the precise country of origin, please get in touch and we’ll tell you where our latest batch were grown!
All bell peppers are essentially the same, they’re just picked a different stages of ripeness, green are the sharpest and earliest picked, followed by yellow, orange and then red. Green Peppers taste a little more bitter than the others and work well in tangy and spicy dishes, they’re also good to cut sweetness. It takes around 35-40 minutes to roast them (they’re particularly nice, stuffed) or cut into strips (remove the seeds and pith) and stir-fry for 4 or 5 minutes. Green peppers are an excellent source of vitamin C (eat a 100 grams of pepper and you’ll get 134% of your daily vitamin C needs!). They’re also good sources of potassium, manganese and vitamin B-6.